First Grade Course
Students should download lessons as required and submit their answers to their teacher for marking. Work may be sent either as a regular email or as an attached MS Word document or text file.
All are most welcome to make use of the course material, but only registered students have access to the support of KDL's expert language teachers.
There are text and audio files for each lesson except for the Revision lessons, where there is only a text file. To save to your computer, right click on the icon and choose Save Target As from the shortcut menu. Left-clicking an icon will open a new browser window. Each text file is a .pdf which can be viewed using Adobe Acrobat Reader. Acrobat Reader may well already be installed on your machine. If not, then it can be downloaded from the Adobe Website.
Students should download lessons as required and submit their govynnow and gramasek answers to their teacher for marking.
Text Introduction - about KDL
Text Audio Reference - pronunciation guide, mutation table, glossary of grammatical terms.
Text Index Sheet - for your work file
Text Vocabulary used in the lessons
1. Text Audio Kernow - mutations and indefinite article.
2. Text Audio Breten Vyghan - adjectives with singular nouns; 'yw'; particle 'a2'.
3. Text Audio Yowann ha Jenifer - possession; 'yw' and 'yma'; 'to have'.
4. Text Audio Yann hag Anjela - definite article; mutations; 'yma dhe²' word order; negative particle 'ny2'.
5. Text Revision
6. Text Audio Kynsa Lyther Yann - past tense of verbs; the verb-noun.
7. Text Audio Gorthyp Yowann - subject pronouns and combinations with 'gans' and 'dhe2'.
8. Text Audio Anjela - 3rd. sing. forms of 'gul' and 'mos'; numbers 1 to 10; vocative particle 'a2'.
9. Text Audio Gwerthji Yowann - days of the week; time of day; use of 'ha'.
10. Text Revision
11. Text Audio Dy’ Sul - 'dhe2' with 'gul' and preceding object; plural of nouns; adjectives with masculine plural nouns; present participle with 'ow4'; preposition with verb-noun; word order.
12. Text Audio Lyther Yann - verbal sentences; short and long forms of 'bos'.
13. Text Audio An Klas Gorthugher - demonstrative pronouns; 'yn-medh', 'eus', 'yn', 'war' combined with pronouns.
14. Text Audio Y'n Tren - 'gul' - present and past tenses; questions and answers with 'gul', 'gwell yw', 'res yw'; possessive adjectives with nouns and verb nouns; present and past tenses of 'gweles' and 'galloes'.
15. Text Revision
16. Text Audio Megi Difennys - present and imperfect tenses of 'mynnes', 'drog yw', 'gwell yw'.
17. Text Audio Lyther Yowann - 'yn5' with adjectives; 'an jydh'.
18. Text Audio Kastell Penndinas - imperfect of 'gul', 'kara', 'galloes', and 'gweles'.
19. Text Audio Dyskans Lywya - second person imperative.
20. Text Revision
21. Text Audio An Worvarghas - cardinal and ordinal numbers.
22. Text Audio Chi Jenifer - combinations of prepositions and pronouns.
23. Text Audio An Lowarth - the months of the year; collective plurals.
24. Text Audio An Orsedh - the clock; numeral adverbs.
25. Text Revision